23 September 2011

Kong Goes Yellow

Quite a significant score improvement on one of the most difficult games in my challenge, the legendary Donkey Kong. My latest attempt saw my score jump by nearly 8,000 points to 75,100, changing the colour on my spreadsheet from orange to yellow. Frustratingly I actually struggled to get past the first two rivet levels, finishing the first with only 600 points bonus remaining, and the second with just 100 points left! Had I completed these quicker then I’d probably have passed 80k. I also lost a cheap life due to a mistimed jump on the second elevator level. My big problem with Kong is that occasionally I will log a good score, but more often than not I struggle to even get 50k. Those damned unpredictable barrel levels mean consistency is very hard to come by!

No comments:

Post a Comment