4 September 2013

An Old Score Settled... and a Minor Improvement!

Since I started this challenge nearly two years ago, my scores on some games have remained unchanged. A couple of nights ago, that finally changed for two games – Dig Dug and Qix.

Firstly, my score of 83,360 on Dig Dug has been unattainable, let alone unsurpassable, with my next best score being around 68k. That was until Sunday night, when I had just one attempt, and had the game of my life so far! Everything seemed to click, all the bonus items were collected and I not only surpassed that long-standing score but smashed through the 100k barrier in style with a score of 110,460! Whether it was a fluke or not, I’ll not find out until I next play, but that’s another game crossed off the list regardless…


The second score improvement was not quite so impressive, but to be honest I never thought I’d surpass my best score of 55,906 on Taito’s challenging Qix. I may have only beaten that score by a few hundred points to give me a new best of 56,348, but at least I know progress is actually achievable after nearly two years of trying!


So that’s a great start to September, and 100k now achieved on 16 of the 40 games. Let’s see what happens next!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea! 100k in 40 games!
    I am going to copy this idea and pick 20 games for my own personal challenge :) I can't afford a cab so I use Mame on iPad with iCade... The 8-way stick makes Ms. Pac Man a bit difficult but I'm used to it. All the best with your long-running challenge my friend :)

    ReplyDelete